Marriage Moments will include questions and/or exercises to start conversations. They will provide an an opportunity to know yourself and your partner better. Check in with your LifeMate to see if this is a good time for them to answer these questions. If it is not a convenient time schedule a later time that would work for both of you. When you are the listener, show up with an interested and curious attitude. Be careful not to interrupt. After one of you has answered the questions, turn the tables and give the other partner their chance.
Have fun getting to know each other better!
Let’s turn towards our spouse’s attempts for connection during the month of December. Why don’t you pick at least one of these actions that you will intentionally do every day during the month of December.
- Notice and compliment my spouse for who they are and the difference they make.
- Respond to my partner’s requests for help.
- Affirm my mate’s accomplishments.
- Express gratitude for their help.
- Be curious about each other’s day.
- Be open to your mate’s questions and requests for information.
- Chat with each other.
- Respond to each other’s humor with a playful spirit.
- Share your feelings of inadequacy or of being overwhelmed.
- Thank your partner that they care.
- Brainstorm and problem solve with each other.
- Touch each other with affection.
- Be playful with each other.
- Pray for and with each other.